KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
|Opening of Abstract Submissions||Closed!|
|Close of Abstract Submissions||Friday 9 November 2018|
|Notification to Authors||Wednesday 5 December 2018|
|Author Acceptance Deadline||Wednesday 12 December 2018|
|Author Registration Deadline||Wednesday 12 December 2018|
- Poster Presentation
PRESENTATION FORMAT AND THEMES
Poster presentations are a visual display of research projects that delegates will be able to view throughout the Conference Exhibition. The poster display will be an integral part of the program. Full details and a poster template will be sent following acceptance.
All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
Abstracts will be accepted on the following themes:
- behavioural aspects of addiction
- stress and addiction
- controversies in prescribing and practice
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submission is a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1: Abstract template
Download the Abstract Template, save it to your desktop and use the template to populate your abstract in the required format.
Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
Please note: Abstract submissions must be provided in Word document format. All PDF submissions will returned to authors to resubmit in the correct file format.
STEP 2: Creating an account and logging into the abstract submission portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button below “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT”. Click the “Create New Account” link and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload submissions, download the abstract submission template, access the submission guidelines, view the terms and conditions and later register for the Conference and review the Presenter Briefing Notes.
STEP 3: Submitting your abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on Abstract Submission in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Presentation Type (poster only)
- Name, Organisation, City, State and Country of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors
- A brief biography of the Presenting Author, the biography should be no more than 100 words
- Your completed abstract
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submission will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed; you will not be able to submit an abstract through the portal until all areas are completed.
- Abstracts that do not include results or state that “results will be presented” may be subject to rejection.
- If you wish to make changes, edit or replace your existing submitted abstracts you are able to do so until Friday 26 October 2018 by contacting the Program Coordinator via email. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted; there will be no opportunity for amendments from the close of abstracts for standard or late submissions.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the terms and conditions as outlined in the abstract portal.
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
Notification to authors will be communicated by Wednesday 5 December 2018. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the IMiA 2019 Conference Office:
5th International Medicine in Addiction (IMiA) Conference 2019
119 Buckhurst Street
South Melbourne VIC 3205 Australia
T +61 3 9645 6311
F +61 3 9645 6322